Ballyhoura Development works with and supports communities through a number of environmental initiatives, to facilitate the development of environmentally sustainable communities.
Supports offered include:
- Development and facilitation of outdoor classrooms to support environmental learning;
- Facilitation and development of the Ballyhoura Tidy Towns Network;
- Supports and technical advice to communities and businesses to access capital grants for environmental initiatives from available sources;
- Invasive Species eradication training initiatives;
- Supporting communities to become SECs – Sustainable Energy Communities;
- Brokerage of technical supports from expert agencies in the field
These supports and services are supported through a range of Programmes delivered by Ballyhoura Development.